Friday, January 25, 2013

COLD!!! or why winter is alright by me.

So its really cold around here. Of course there are colder places, yet, its still pretty darn cold. Regardless, snow is something that I find extraordinarily beautiful. But Cold. Like really cold. The type of terribly cold where you truly aren't sure if your face really does belong to you head, and hand function most deffinately does not include texting. Yup, that type of cold. And well. I have a lot of walking to do to get from one side of campus to the other. I am lucky that they all aren't on opposing ends of the University, yet, they are by no means close. Yup, classes, that cool. But despite this horrible bitter face freezing cold there are several redeeming factors. B's List of winter amazingness

1. Scarfs-Yea, scarfs. They are amazing. Quite literally  I would be dead without my scarfs. One, pale blue and grey, or gray, whatever, is lovely, and white and sort of plaid or white and grey, and all are loved dearly. Oh yes, you are indeed hearing a man tell of the delight found within a simple piece of cloth. Yea, its frighteningly simple, its just cloth wrapped around your face and neck, but that little bit brings such great warmth. I love scarfs. Deal with it.

2. Cafes- Ignoring the status as hipster, cafes are fantastic, especially in winter. Cafes have good things, and by that, I mean yummy delisiousness. And Coffee. Cafes have Coffee! Yea. Enough said about that.


Not enough was said about that. Coffee, in all its numerous and fantastic varieties, are (most often) hot. Hot is good in winter. Little known fact, drinking a potion of warmth will absorb the first 4d6 cold damage. The effects last 1d4+2 minutes, or until the full 4d6 cold damage is absorbed. It is by the miracle of this delightful potion that I still have my life. I will ignore the delightfulness of its actual taste.

3. Snow- snow is beautiful. Simple as that! Ignoring the horrible discomfort caused by its bitter coldness, I do indeed love it, dearly. It is perhaps one of the most beautiful things that I have seen in my short and uneventful life. The area in which I live, is known for its natural beauty. Its like Canada, but less cold. Still, the way that snow falls so gently, yet is so powerful is something that I find awesome. Maybe it is, and I'm pretty sure it is, but that is just how it seems to me. I love it so very much, and cannot imagine my winters without it.

4. Money- As heartless as it seems money is necessary for things like living, and cafes. I love cafes. And with the beautiful snow, comes beautiful snow removal. It feels heartless and like a betrayal of my morals, yet  money.

Thus is my list of winter things that are good. Yup! Winter. That happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment