Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Man in the Grey Coat, or Why the Scarf is amazing, and ought to be employed more often

So, how 'bout that weather huh? Yes, I am bold enough to do that, so sue me.

Wait, please don't.  Already don't have money.

Awesome segue aside, it is cold, and Maria and I find this disagreeable. Very disagreeable. Out come our warmest winter jackets. For me, its also the addition to my wardrobe of the brilliant and truly fantastic invention of warmth: The Scarf.

Yes! one of mans greatest inventions, a mere strip of cloth, wrapped around the neck in a pleasing, both aesthetically  and practically manor. Aesthetically in that a scarf can indeed be used in a purely fashionable sense (oh you say? a man who states correctly the uses of scarfs you say? Yes! I say!), practically in that there are major blood vessels in your neck, close to the surface, and warming those help to regulate the overall body temperature, as well as helping to keep the brain at its optimal temperature.

Fantastic cloth aside though, the cold is a terrible time, for me, and for the readers of this blog. My Grey Coat just isn't warm enough to drop to negative temperatures. I can't. The lowest I go is about 2-4 centigrade. I just can't go any lower, no matter the number of layers, or the delightfullness of my scarf. So, as the days get colder, I am forced to employ warmer coats, and my Grey Coat will be employed less and less. Yes, I know dear reader, that it is indeed a terrible thing, but I must, for I cannot be cold. I don't do well with cold. I makes me miserable. Awfully miserable, and my total delightfulness goes don't, and we don't want that now do we? Yes, I am hanging it up, and joining the hundreds, even thousands of people wearing pea-coats  I'm terribly sorry dearest readers, but I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment